As I’ve written about before, I remember most of my dreams, which isn’t so bad, but they always have a soundtrack. A bad one. Usually a short section of a song or jingle that repeats throughout the dream like a broken record. Ninety percent of the time, it’s a musical genre I would not listen to, willingly.
Worse, I wake up with the song replaying in my head. This morning, it was Olivia Newton John’s Xanadu. Here’s some of the more revolting ones from this month.
- The theme music from HGTV’s Love It or List It
- Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie
- Guns and Roses’ Welcome to the Jungle (While not a fan, this is the least miserable)
- He-Man Masters of the Universe soundtrack (fortunately, the Juno Reactor version, which is actually cool)
- Almost every Free Credit Report dot com jingle
- Alanis Morrisette’s Ironic, blecch.
- Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith. Just couldn’t be a cool Aerosmith song like Sweet Emotion or Back in the Saddle. I hate ‘Elevator’.
Does this happen to you? Please tell me I’m not the only one experiencing this.