Back in the Middle Ages, knowing what collective noun was applied to a group of animals was taken quite seriously. We all know the common ones, such as herd of cows, a pack of dogs, a flock of birds, but there were plenty of obscure ones like an exaltation of larks, a murder of crows, a shrewdness of apes, etc. Time for some new collective nouns for Internet groupings.
- If a group of whales is a pod, is a group of teenagers an iPod?
- A nuisance of 4Chan members
- A nest of Tweeple (Twitter users)
- A channel of YouTube watchers
- A pool of Flickrites
- A patch of hackers
- A flaming of trolls
- A backdoor of hackers
- An absence of MySpace members
- A wall of Facebook friends
- A time suck of Farmville players
Which ones did you think of?