Longtime readers know that every year I write a list on Thanksgiving of what I am thankful for. This year is no exception. Please let everyone know what you are thankful for in the comments.
I am thankful that…
- …Sarah Palin is back to being America’s prettiest moose hunter.
- …cats cannot manipulate Plutonium.
- …unlike killer bees, poutine has not managed to cross the border into the US.
- …Uggs are not mandatory school uniform wear. Nor are Crocs.
- …Paris Hilton has disappeared from the media spotlight.
- …icebergs cannot fly.
- …mullets are popular again. Just for the comedic value I require.
- …people still don’t “get” Twitter, cause I’ll have a job as long as they don’t.
- …my parents don’t text me in LOLCATSPEEK
- …we do not serve balut for Thanksgiving.
I travel for work a lot and my kittens have not been too happy about it. Last night, I figured I would make it up to them. I gave them catnip, brushed them, played with them for nearly two hours and told them they could sleep on the bed with me. The older one (Z) was clearly happy with this arrangement. Ninja, however, was wound up and hyperactive.
All night he ran around, knocking over anything that wasn’t nailed down. So I locked him out of my bedroom. For the entire night. He wasn’t too happy about that. You should know that the litter boxes are kept in the Florida room, and the only access to that room is through my now-locked bedroom.
You should also know, like many kittens, Ninja enjoys unrolling toilet paper. So after a night of being a terror, it was no surprise to see the current (entire) roll on the floor. An eagle’s aerie lined with double-ply absorbency. My other kitten Z, began sniffing at the nest cautiously. I lifted up some of the toilet paper and found Ninja had pooped on the toilet paper and “buried it” with more toilet paper. Such a smart little boy.