I once ran a background check on myself. Hey, I don’t always know where I’ve been. Most of it was fairly straightforward (previous addresses, phone numbers, tax records, etc.) but a few things arose that totally threw me. How did they know these things?
For instance, they knew…
- …that I roll the toilet paper over, not under.
- …that I prefer boxers to briefs.
- …that I had favorited the History Channel, but never actually watched it.
- …that I know how to pick up an ice cube using only a piece of string and some salt.
- …that I know how to say “Dammit” in ten languages.
- …that I leave the water running when I brush my teeth.
- …that I never eat leftovers.
- …that I think ferrets are stinky pets.
- …that I still haven’t read Catcher in the Rye.
- …that I know where Waldo is.
What would we find in your background check?