Longtime reader Bobby Peru, (and by longtime, I mean 14 years) pointed me to a fun tool for searching Facebook status messages, called OpenBook. While this is amusing enough, Peru went one further. He said that lots of folks make typos in their statuses (we’ve noticed!) and that by searching for the wrong word on OpenBook, you’ll get some hilarious results.
Below are the search results for people who meant to type “things” and instead typed “thongs”. (For my Aussie readers, thongs should be taken to mean g-strings or tangas, but not sandals). Hilarity ensues. Click each icon for the full image.
- Go to Wikipedia. Hit Random. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
- Go to Random Quotations. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
- Go to Flickr and click on Explore the last seven days. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
- Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together or use Picnik.com.
- Facebook users: Post it with this text in the caption and tag the friends you want to participate
Email your good ones to me and we’ll have a gallery page of them next week.